Dark Shadows: The Best Of Barnabas
From 1966 to 1971, the spooky ABC-TV suspense series Dark Shadows thrilled an audience of 20 million viewers with a unique blend of Gothic romance and supernatural horror.
Dark Shadows became a pop culture phenomenon with the introduction of vulnerable vampire Barnabas Collins, a legendary role made famous by Jonathan Frid and, more recently, Johnny Depp in the motion picture remake.
This collection offers 9 complete TV episodes that are among the most popular in the history of
Dark Shadows, serving as an ideal introduction to new viewers as well as an enticing overview for veteran devotees. As a bonus, new introductions for each episode are included.
- Barnabas Collins meets waitress Maggie Evans, who later senses that she is being watched
- Dr. Julia Hoffman's experiments to cure Barnabas cause him to age to his true years
- After Barnabas rises as a vampire, his fiancÃ© Josette is drawn to him at the mausoleum
- Angelique the witch causes Barnabas to become a victim of her Dream Curse
- Barnabas presents himself as a lost relative to the Collins family and discovers that Angelique has travelled through the centuries
- The Leviathans reveal to Barnabas they have taken control of Josette
- In Parallel Time, novelist Will Loomis captures Barnabas and demands an interview with the vampire
- Angelique causes Barnabas' new love Roxanne to suffer effects of the vampire