Opry Video Classics: Legends
Opry Video Classics presents the greatest collection of vintage live country music performancess ever assembled. Most of these historic recordings have never before been available commercially. This series offers fans a first-class ticket to Nashville to experience the golden age of country music - from the '50s to the '70s - and witness the evolution of a sound that still resonates today.
What makes a country star a legend? How about instant recognition on a first-time-only basis, like George (Jones) performing White Lightning, or Johnny (Cash) doing Ring of Fire. Legends has all the top draws, from Marty Robbins' El Paso, to Patsy Cline's Crazy, to Faron Young's Hello Walls. Throw in some medleys by Jim (Reeves) and Willie (Nelson), and you have a bonafide "Who's Who" of country music artists.
DVD Introductions By Marty Stuart
- George Jones - White Lightning
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Don Gibson - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Jim Reeves - Tennessee Waltz
- Faron Young - Hello Walls
- Ray Price - City Lights
- Patsy Cline - Crazy
- Willie Nelson - Medley: Hello Walls / Funny How Time Slips Away / Night Life / Crazy
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- Tammy Wynette - I Don't Wanna Play House
- Ernest Tubb - Waltz Across Texas
- Dolly Parton - Coat of Many Colors
- Conway Twitty - Hello Darlin'
- Loretta Lynn Coal Miner's Daughter