Delight Of Turkish Steam, The
Turkey was a haven for historical steam until the end of the 1980's. Relive the sights and sounds of wheezing, leaking G8 0-8-0's and G10 0-10-0's in the Izmir area.
- 2-10-2's shunt in passenger and freight service
- A Nohab 2-6-0 is filmed in full cry on an evening storming Kemer & Selcuk banks
- A Robert Stephenson works the Odemis mixed, where engine & tender are separated for turning
- 05.00 on a frosty morning at Burdur reveals G8's & 10's, with come double heading
- Irmak & a British 8F performs shunting duties with 'Skyliner' 2-10-0's in the Zonguldak, Karabuk, Cankiri areas on passenger & heavy freight
- On the Black Sea Coast G8 2-8-0's work the Eregli-Armacuk & Sivas-Samsun-Caramba lines
- An appreciation of the excellence of the 56 class 2-10-0's is gained as they struggle up into the permanent snows at over 8,000 feet on the 253km Erzurum-Kars line, 12.5 hours of solid thrash!
- 2-10-0's and 2-10-2's with some double heading, filmed near Gunerkoy Summit & on Turkmantepe Viaduct