"Che Guevara is more popular now, more than 30 years after his death, than when he was alive." -NY Times
Ernesto "Che" Guevara de la Serna represents one of the most enduring images of a political leader. His legendary character has been an inspiration for millions, yet many condemn him-sometimes bitterly. For all, he is a subject of controversy and passion.
This fascinating film examines the myth of the "most idolized revolutionary of the 20th century" (New York Times), and contains:
- His voyages of discovery through Latin America
- The meeting with Fidel Castro, when an instantaneous friendship was born
- His travels around the world as Cuba's ambassador, sent by Castro to meet Krushchev, Nasser, Nehru, Tito, Mao...
- His days as victorious leader of guerrilla warfare and a cold-blooded revolutionary
- His various disguises worthy of a Hollywood thriller
- The disastrous episode in the Congo
- Film footage of his tragic end in Bolivia at the age of 39